NOVEMBER 1, 2018 BY WE LIKE L.A. STAFF
Need stuff to do this month in Los Angeles?
We looked ahead on our calendar to focus in on some of the best events happening in November around Los Angeles that you should probably have on your radar. After all, better to get your tickets now than wait till the last minute and find out your favorite event is sold out.
November 2018 event highlights include a big day of free cultural events in DTLA, an Enchanted: Forest of Light at Descanso Gardens, a Chinese Lantern Festival, the Great Los Angeles Walk, Jackalope Arts in Pasadena, and LOTS more.
And remember if you want to stay up to date on all the event happens in Los Angeles then be sure to sign-up for our email newsletter. Either way, enjoy!
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis), however, we retain complete editorial control of our content.
1. 24th Street Theatre’s Free Dia de los Muertos Block Party (November 2)
Downtown Los Angeles’ 24th Street Theater will host its 12th Annual Dia de los Muertos Festival on November 2. This festive block party will feature performances, crafts, food, vendors, face painting, altar decoration and fun. -> More information
2. Grand Ave Arts: All Access in Downtown L.A. (November 3)
The fourth annual Grand Ave Arts: All Access returns to Downtown L.A. November 4 for the ultimate playground for arts and culture. 10 cultural institutions will participate in a free day of talks, rehearsals, tours, exhibits, and more. -> More information
3. Griffith Park Harvest Festival (November 4)
Celebrate autumn with a lively festival including food, live music, a children’s activities area, specially curated craft beers and more! -> More information
4. AFI Fest 2018 (November 8-15)
The annual AFI FEST returns to Hollywood for 2018 with an eight-day run featuring tons of film screenings, world premieres, and panels. -> More information
5. Inglewood Open Studios: Free Tour of Artists’ Studios & Galleries (Nov. 9-11)
The 11th annual Inglewood Open Studios returns November 9 to 11 to showcase the professional artist studios and art galleries that constitute the burgeoning Inglewood art community. -> More information
6. Los Angeles Coffee Festival (November 9-11)
Taste hundreds of different coffees through fully immersive sensory bars, mixologists and individual roasters, along with art, music and much more. -> More information
7. On Deck Festival at Lincoln Park
Enjoy a free, all-day festival for music, art, and skating with live performances and DJ sets, work from local artists, and a skateboard contest. -> More information
8. The Gonzoplex Block Party (November 10)
Come celebrate the opening of Superba Snacks + Coffee with a block party featuring a beer garden, pizza eating contest, and children’s activities. -> More information
9. American Indian Arts Marketplace at The Autry Museum (November 10-11)
Enjoy a fair featuring the work of over 200 Native American artists, live musical performances and plays, food, children’s activities, and much more. -> More information
10. Vegan Sweets Con (November 11)
Head down to the Renaissance Long Beach Hotel for a convention featuring vegan friendly treats, a Vegan Cookie Bake Off, samples, and a kids zone. -> More information
11. Chinese Lantern Festival (November 15-18)
Enjoy a huge showcase of over 1,000 handcrafted lanterns put up together to create a beautiful display of color and light at the Pomona Fairplex. -> More information
12. The 13th Annual Great Los Angeles Walk (Nov. 17)
The annual tradition of the Great Los Angeles Walk continues for a 13th year with a walk down 6th St. through Koreatown, and then all the way to the Pacific Ocean. The group meets at Pershing Square to kicks thing off. -> More information
13. Burbank Winter Wine Walk (November 17)
Celebrate the season with a stroll in Downtown Burbank to wine tasting stations, enjoying live music, holiday lighting and even snowfall along the way. -> More information
14. Long Beach Airport’s 2018 Festival of Flight (November 17)
Enjoy aircraft displays as you celebrate the 95th anniversary of Long Beach Airport with live entertainment, food trucks, kids activities and more. -> More information
15. Jackalope Indie Artisan Fair Returns to Pasadena (November 17-18)
Check out over 200 handmade makers ranging in products from home décor, food and houseware, to fashion accessories and body products. Admission is free! -> More information
16. Pasadena Doo Dah Parade (November 18)
Take part in this year’s infamous Pasadena Doo Dah Parade, which features a colorful cast of misfits, art cars, floats and more, followed by an afterparty. -> More information
17. Enchanted: Forest of Light returns to Descanso Gardens (starting November 18)
Enjoy another year of Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted light show, where beloved parts of the grounds are lit up by giant, sometimes interactive displays. -> More information
18. 2018 Depeche Mode Convention (November 18)
Enjoy an entire musical event dedicated to Depeche Mode with live musical tributes, DJ sets, rare videos, contests, collectibles and much more. -> More information
19. LA Tofurky Trot Fun Run and Vegan Food Fest (November 25)
Take part in a seasonal 5k fun run through Crystal Springs Recreation Area in Griffith Park, followed by a huge Vegan Food Fest with an abundance of vendors! -> More information
20. The Hollywood Christmas Parade (November 25)
Celebrate the Holiday Season with 2018’s Hollywood Christmas Parade, featuring musical performancs, life-size balloons, marching band shows and much more! -> More information
21. Los Angeles County Tree Lighting (November 26)
Take part in a special Los Angeles holiday tradition at the lighting ceremony of L.A. County’s official holiday tree, with performances from local artists. -> More information
A few other ideas you might like to consider…
- Vote on November 6, then take advantage of these election day food and drink specials.
- Have a drink at The Wolves in DTLA.
- Take advantage of free museum days.
- Plan a quick getaway to Santa Barbara.